“Blind Man: Well done.
Alex: All we did was survive.
Blind Man: That’s enough”.
– Dunkirk. Cristopher Nolan, 2017.
Susan, enjoy the absurdity of our world. It’s a lot less painful. Believe me, our world is a lot less painful than the real world.
– Nocturnal Animals (2016).
When you love someone you have to be careful with it, you might never get it again.
– Edward (Jake Gyllenhaal).
Karl Zielinski: Mary, a person with an engineer’s mind should be an engineer. You can’t be a computer the rest of your life.
Mary Jackson: Mr. Zielinski, I’m a negro woman. I’m not gonna entertain the impossible.
Karl Zielinski: And I’m a Polish Jew who spent the night in a nazi prison camp. Now I’m standing beneath a spaceship, that’s going to carry an astronaut to the stars. I think we can say, we are living the impossible. Let me ask you, if you were a white male, would you wish to be an engineer?
Mary Jackson: I wouldn’t have to. I’d already be one.
– Karl Zielinsk (Olek Krupa) y Mary Jackson (Janelle Monáe).
Hidden Figures, 2016.
Randi: I said a lot of terrible things to you, my heart was broken, but I know yours was broken too.
Lee: No, you don’t understand, there’s nothing that…
Randi: That’s not true.
– Lee Chandler (Casey Affleck) y Randi Chandler (Michelle Williams).
Manchester by the Sea, 2016.
Elizabeth: So what’s wrong with the Blueberry Pie?
Jeremy: There’s nothing wrong with the Blueberry Pie, just people make other choices. You can’t blame the Blueberry Pie, it’s just… no one wants it.
Elizabeth: Wait! I want a piece.
– Elizabeht (Norah Jones) y Jeremy (Jude Law).
My Blueberry Nights
– Arthur Abbott: He let you go. This is not a hard one to figure out. Iris, in the movies we have leading ladies and we have the best friend. You, I can tell, are a leading lady, but for some reason you are behaving like the best friend.
– Iris: You’re so right. You’re supposed to be the leading lady of your own life, for god’s sake! Arthur, I’ve been going to a therapist for three years, and she’s never explained anything to me that well. That was brilliant. Brutal, but brilliant.