“Blind Man: Well done.
Alex: All we did was survive.
Blind Man: That’s enough”.
– Dunkirk. Cristopher Nolan, 2017.
Susan, enjoy the absurdity of our world. It’s a lot less painful. Believe me, our world is a lot less painful than the real world.
– Nocturnal Animals (2016).
When you love someone you have to be careful with it, you might never get it again.
– Edward (Jake Gyllenhaal).
Karl Zielinski: Mary, a person with an engineer’s mind should be an engineer. You can’t be a computer the rest of your life.
Mary Jackson: Mr. Zielinski, I’m a negro woman. I’m not gonna entertain the impossible.
Karl Zielinski: And I’m a Polish Jew who spent the night in a nazi prison camp. Now I’m standing beneath a spaceship, that’s going to carry an astronaut to the stars. I think we can say, we are living the impossible. Let me ask you, if you were a white male, would you wish to be an engineer?
Mary Jackson: I wouldn’t have to. I’d already be one.
– Karl Zielinsk (Olek Krupa) y Mary Jackson (Janelle Monáe).
Hidden Figures, 2016.
Randi: I said a lot of terrible things to you, my heart was broken, but I know yours was broken too.
Lee: No, you don’t understand, there’s nothing that…
Randi: That’s not true.
– Lee Chandler (Casey Affleck) y Randi Chandler (Michelle Williams).
Manchester by the Sea, 2016.
Elizabeth: So what’s wrong with the Blueberry Pie?
Jeremy: There’s nothing wrong with the Blueberry Pie, just people make other choices. You can’t blame the Blueberry Pie, it’s just… no one wants it.
Elizabeth: Wait! I want a piece.
– Elizabeht (Norah Jones) y Jeremy (Jude Law).
My Blueberry Nights
– Arthur Abbott: He let you go. This is not a hard one to figure out. Iris, in the movies we have leading ladies and we have the best friend. You, I can tell, are a leading lady, but for some reason you are behaving like the best friend.
– Iris: You’re so right. You’re supposed to be the leading lady of your own life, for god’s sake! Arthur, I’ve been going to a therapist for three years, and she’s never explained anything to me that well. That was brilliant. Brutal, but brilliant.
You give your children enough money to do something, but not enough to do nothing.
– Matt King (George Clooney).
Vincent: And you know what they call a… a… a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
Jules: They don’t call it a Quarter Pounder with cheese?
Vincent: No man, they got the metric system. They wouldn’t know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.
Jules: Then what do they call it?
Vincent: They call it a Royale with cheese.
Jules: A Royale with cheese. What do they call a Big Mac?
Vincent: Well, a Big Mac’s a Big Mac, but they call it le Big-Mac.
Jules: Le Big-Mac. Ha ha ha ha. What do they call a Whopper?
Vincent: I dunno, I didn’t go into Burger King.
– Vincent (John Travolta) y Jules (Samuel L. Jackson).